Electrical Technology Training Objectives and Student Outcomes
The mission of Valec Technologies Ltd. is to provide high-quality technical education that prepares both apprentices and fresh graduates for success in professional practice and advanced studies. The Training Centre provides this education through a hands-on and interactive sessions between the students and our instructors. Additionally, the Centre's mission includes performance of onsite excursions, which allows the students to have the experience of what happens in the Engineering industry.
Our instructors and resource person are made up of highly experienced Engineers and Technicians from both Reputable Institutions within and outside Nigeria and Multinational Companies who have spent a better part of their lives in Engineering.
The goal of our program is to prepare our apprentices and fresh graduates for successful professional practice and advanced studies by providing a broad practical training in engineering and by offering the opportunity to deepen their technical understanding in a particular concentration area of related technical electives.
By the end of this training, our trainees will:
Apply technical knowledge and skills as engineers/technicians to provide effective solutions in industrial and governmental organizations.
Utilize effective communication, team, and project management skills to work productively within their professions and communities.
Conduct themselves as responsible professionals contributing to the greater benefit of society through technology.
Pursue professional development and/or graduate studies to meet the emerging and evolving demands, and increasing responsibilities of a successful career.
Our students will have:
- Knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering and the ability to apply this knowledge in solving problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret circuits.
- Ability to design and realize engineering components and systems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economical, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve problems encountered in the practice of electrical engineering.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning/technical improvement.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for electrical engineering practice.
- Electrical/Electronic Technology Training (Residential and Industrial)
- CCTV, PABX Administration, Fire Alarm Systems
- Instrumentation & Control
- Process Automation
- Fibre Optics
- Access Control
- Intruder Alarm